Apollo offers seven goal-based modes designed to help you reach different goals. Whether that’s to get more energy, focus your attention, socialize, recover after exercise, meditate, relax, or prepare yourself for restorative sleep. If you'd like to learn more about the science behind each mode, check out "The science behind the modes" section at the bottom of the Science page on our website.
When your Apollo starts, you’ll feel gentle waves of vibration that prime your body to meet your goals. Apollo’s effects start to work within a few minutes.
Before you get started, check out these tips for playing modes:
- Start low, go slow. Start most modes on a lower intensity; around 20-40% (Sleep and Renew can be 40-80%).
- Apollo works best when the vibrations feel gentle and aren’t distracting. As everyone is a bit different, feel free to adjust the intensity to a comfortable level as needed.
- It’s totally normal for you to stop noticing the vibrations after a few minutes.
- Increasing a mode’s intensity when you can already feel it doesn’t offer any additional benefit. Higher intensity doesn’t mean more effectiveness.
1. Choose a mode
Based on your goal, tap on a mode from the home screen to bring up the mode player.
2. Set the mode intensity
Use the "Mode Intensity" slider to adjust a mode's intensity.
You can also adjust a mode's intensity by via the buttons on your Apollo wearable:
- Pressing the raised dot button will increase the mode intensity by 5% per press, as indicated by a green light. Hold down the button with the raised dot to rapidly increase intensity.
- Pressing the smooth button will decrease the mode intensity by 5% per press, as indicated by a yellow light. Hold down the smooth button to rapidly decrease intensity.
3. Set the mode duration
Each mode comes with different durations. Shorter mode durations are designed to help you quickly transition from state to state (i.e., tired to wakeful or anxious to calm). Longer mode durations are designed to help you maintain a goal for longer. For example, a shorter "Sleep and Renew" mode duration can be used to wind down before bed or during a nap, whereas a longer "Sleep and Renew" mode duration can be used to achieve longer periods of deep, restorative sleep.
4. Press play
Whenever you're ready, press the play button on the mode player.